I explain how Steve Jobs changed my direction and what we, at FPL Connect, are looking to bring you over the course of the Fantasy Premier League season
A New Direction
On the day Steve Jobs was sadly taken before his due time, I sought to find more videos of him with the hope of understanding this amazing man a little better. I ended up stumbling across a video of him addressing the 114th graduating class of Stanford University on YouTube. One specific part of his inspirational speech is the quote I’ve attached as my featured image – this quote changed my mindset entirely and ultimately set me on a completely different path.
I’m not normally one for life-quotes, as I believe you should be who you want to be rather than modelling yourself on the success of others. In spite of this, it would be his words that would give me the courage needed to try something new, to battle against the notion that a boring well-paying job was the correct path for me. I thank him for that. His words truly touched me then and they still do now.
What to Expect From FPL Connect
Me and my team of writers, will be blogging our fingers off around the clock for the community, aiming to bring as much useful information and insight about Fantasy Premier League football as humanly possible, to all that choose to read what we have to offer.
Here’s a little breakdown of what we’re aiming to write about during the course of the pre-season and the season:
- Statistics – Our in house statistician will be bringing you various stats, graphs and theories for you stat nerds to sink your teeth into.
- The Pressers – reviewing the key points of the press-conferences from an FPL perspective, including injuries and talk on rotation policy.
- Captain Metric – reviewing the best options for the armband, including the results of our captain poll on Twitter and our very own ‘Captain Metric’.
- Simon Says – my (owner of and Chief Editor at FPL Connect) view and opinion on the key themes/questions that emerge each week, new signings and generally anything in the world of FPL I’d like to offer my opinion on.
- Community Questions – where I, or a collection of myself and a couple of other FPL veterans/experts, provide our perspectives on the community’s questions/conundrums going into the new Gameweek.
- Friendly Surveillance – Me and my team will be on scouting duty to spot anything interesting from the friendlies that we, as FPL managers, should know about, like a midfielder being deployed as a striker (Nathan Redmond a few years back) or a formation change (352 for Man City at the start of last season). This will be stored in the ‘Simon Says’ section on our site.
This is just one half of what we’re ultimately aiming to do, the second of which, will be a brand new interactive website that we’re looking to launch at the end of this year (BETA version December 2018).
I’m very excited about the development of this new website. I truly believe it will be a hit and provide the answers to a problem that currently exists in Fantasy Premier League, as well as enhancing our overall experience of playing the game we have all come to love, but in the mean time, our blog is here to keep you entertained, like the hosting area before you go into a swanky party!
So sit back, relax, and welcome to FPL Connect – I hope you find it helpful and that it provides you with interesting insights.
We run a Twitter account that provides updates and that is generally very interactive with our followers and the FPL community. If you like what we do, give us a follow here >> https://twitter.com/FPL_Connect